We hereby present our newest feature that allows you to draw on the screen. This blog post is about how to make the most out of the draw on screen feature in the Veo platform.
Draw on screen has been at the top of most requested features among our customers and we’re very excited to introduce it. Read on for full instructions on how to use it and how can you enhance the analysis with this useful tool.
- You can use three shapes: arrow, rectangle and line.
- Draw on screen is a part of highlight creation. The option for drawing on screen will appear, when marking highlights.
- Highlights are (for now) only possible to be created in the follow-cam (broadcast) view, and the same goes for draw on screen.
- Drawings do not appear on the download version of the highlight.
Let’s get into it
Let’s go through the steps for creating a highlight that involves drawing on screen.
1. Click “Mark highlight”:
2. The highlight editor will open. The “Draw on screen” icon appears in the bottom right corner. Click on it:
3. The draw on screen editor will appear as well as an additional pointer in the highlight timeline:
4. Adjust the pointer as it fits you and you’re ready to go. Choose the shape and the colour you want to apply (arrow is chosen by default) and then click and drag (use the mouse or trackpad) to or around the object:
5. Click the checkmark in the draw on screen editor to complete the action and save the drawing:
6. The drawing gets saved and the pointer will change the colour:
You can continue adding drawings within the same highlight and then save the highlight when you’re done.
The highlight containing drawing(s) will appear in the highlight thread on the right side of the video player with the drawing icon next to it:
When you play the highlight in the follow-cam view, the video will stop when there’s drawing and you can press space or the play button to continue watching:
I hope you’ll enjoy this new addition and we will be happy to hear your feedback at email@example.com.